Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
SomePerson09's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2013 4:30 PM

Need some clarification

This will be my first time buying a phone so I'm very new to this. If I'm asking any stupid questions please forgive me for it.

Anyway, I'm planning on buying one of the prepaid smartphones. I'm only really going to use it for making a few calls each month and maybe a text or two so I'm not really interested in the other features it has. If I buy a $100 refill card will this give me a certain amount of minutes that will roll over each month or will it only count towards paying the $25 monthly plan? What about the $15 refill cards? How does that work with the $25 monthly plan?

I don't know if I'm making any sense as I'm pretty confused about all this. Could I maybe get a clear explaination on how AT&T prepaid phones work? I guess the big thing for me is that I don't use my phone very often and I'd like to make sure my unused minutes roll over into the next month. I'm not exactly rolling in cash and even $25 a month is a lot for me. The biggest reason I'd like a smartphone is because I've been using a phone with a touch screen for pretty much my entire teenaged life and I don't think I could go back to anything else. Once again, sorry if I'm being stupid about this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

@SomePerson09 wrote:

This will be my first time buying a phone so I'm very new to this. If I'm asking any stupid questions please forgive me for it.

Anyway, I'm planning on buying one of the prepaid smartphones. I'm only really going to use it for making a few calls each month and maybe a text or two so I'm not really interested in the other features it has. If I buy a $100 refill card will this give me a certain amount of minutes that will roll over each month or will it only count towards paying the $25 monthly plan? What about the $15 refill cards? How does that work with the $25 monthly plan?

I don't know if I'm making any sense as I'm pretty confused about all this. Could I maybe get a clear explaination on how AT&T prepaid phones work? I guess the big thing for me is that I don't use my phone very often and I'd like to make sure my unused minutes roll over into the next month. I'm not exactly rolling in cash and even $25 a month is a lot for me. The biggest reason I'd like a smartphone is because I've been using a phone with a touch screen for pretty much my entire teenaged life and I don't think I could go back to anything else. Once again, sorry if I'm being stupid about this.

Hello SomePerson09!  Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post.

First of all, no question is ever stupid!  We are thankful that you came here for help!

Secondly, everyone's situation or needs are obviously different so I would highly recommend that you review the following articles for assistance.

I hope these will help you make the right decision that fits your personal lifestyle needs and budget! 

~Delia

Wireless Prepaid Plans

Prepaid Packages and Deals

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

We got phones for the grand kids to teach them to manage their phone time. We were told at the AT&T store that minutes would roll over- they don't. also told that once all the minutes were used the phone would stop but could still text until time expired- wrong, they don't. Phone continues to work and charged 10 cents a minute. When you pay the next month bill, the overage is taken off the payment made and the phone doesn't work until you pay the difference.
Being Go-phone is not AT&T and not located in the US, the laws do not apply how they conduct business.
After 6 months of billing issues, we are looking at other pre-paid wireless service from somebody else. Good luck.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.