Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
sammedica's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 11:47 PM

My GoPhone wont send or receive text messages

Two days ago i bought the $25.00 monthly rate plan which gives me 250 talk minutes and unlimtited messaging. Since then my phone hasn't been able to send or receive messages (my friends have tried to text me and I didn't get it and vice versa.) I called the 611 number to double check and it says that I have the plan and that i have the unlimited messaging. This is very frusterating and I would love to know how to fix this asap. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hey there sammedica.

Please see if you can get a text message from AT&T.  Dial *777*2# and press send to see if you receive a text message back with your current message balance.

Please also check our Troubleshooting Topics and click on Text Messaging for additional support.

Thanks so much. ~Delia

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

I bought a $25 refill card the same day as you and my service was working immediately. What phone are you using?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the same problem, i dial *777*2# and the message says "0 messages remaining" I have $25 Monthly plan

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@ennaid0024 wrote:

I have the same problem, i dial *777*2# and the message says "0 messages remaining" I have $25 Monthly plan

Mine does the same thing, but my service activated immediately last Tuesday when I refilled my account. 

Try dialing *777*1# and check to see how many minutes you have remaining. Perhaps that could tell you if your service is active. If you have 250/how ever many minutes are left remaining, then your service is active. If it says 0 remaining, then your service may not have been activated, allowing you not to be able to send/receive text messages.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi ennaid0024,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to help with your text messaging. 

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the exact same problem, can't send or receive text messages, except that I tried the number to get how many messages I had left and it informed me that I had 191 out of 200 left. But still I cannot send or receive text messages from my contacts.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Spent hours at att store and on phone w tech support myself. Got new SIM card, fixed the problem for less than a day then it's back to not sending texts or making calls. I called *777*2# and it says my remaining messages are 0, even though I just activated this phone 4 DAYS AGO on the $25 plan with unlimited texting. I'm rather irritated and will be making my 4th trip to att store in 4 days

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can send but dont recieve. Its been that way since I got the phone a week ago. Is there a solution to this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have unlimited everything, I can make and receive calls. I can also receive text but I can't send them. I have the Samsung galaxy s8.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.