Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
MommaNerbs's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 19th, 2017 7:26 PM

Is there a way to set data limit on I Phone 6S Plus?

My daughter just purchased an I Phone 6 S Plus from her friend and has almost used our entire families data for an entire month in just 1 week. Is there a way to set up a limit on her phone so she will get a warning (or turn it off, without paying the monthly charge of $4.99) before she exceeds her data? Also is there a setting to use only Wifi? The rest of our family has Samsung's and we have setting for all of these options but I can not find any information on the I Phones and they keep saying that I phones can not set limits. I find that questionable. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. .

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Not sure what plan you are talking about since there is no family shared data plan on prepaid nor is there any plan with a $4.99 charge for exceeding data. What plan do you have? On an iPhone, you can not set a data limit but you can restrict which apps are allowed to use cellular data. You can also turn cellular data off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.