Get the myAT&T app
Lrexroad's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 25th, 2017 7:09 AM

International Plan

I purchased the prepaid plan I think called passport fir two phones on my account for $120. I'm in Paris for a week and downloaded hotspot app. When arrived to Paris both phones didn't work. We turned in roaming and now works. My question is, is that correct? Will I be charged roaming fees or will my bill fir this week remain around $120.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

The $60 passport plan provides unlimited texting and 300mb of data for each line. You will have no other charges if you use less than 300mb or don't make any calls. If you make calls, you are charged $0.50/minute. If you use up your 300mb, extra data costs $0.20/mb. Smart phones can use data very fast. I advise you to turn data roaming off and only turn it on when you want to use data. Stick to wifi as much as possible.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Will I receive a notification if I exceed the 300 mb?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I'm trying to connect to hotspots while I'm not in hotel with free wifi. I can't connect. Why? Please advice

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Lrexroad

Talk to the hotel.   You are paying to connect to ATT hotspots, not the hotel wifi.   

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Lrexroad wrote:
Will I receive a notification if I exceed the 300 mb?

You should but since there can be a delay in data reporting, by the time you get the warning you are close to your limit, you might already be over. Best to rely on the phone's data usage counters.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

You are correct. I'm paying $120 for the hot spots not to work. The hotel wifi is fine. They don't have anything to do with this other than when I leave the hotel and don't roaming charges, I downloaded the global app to find hotspots when I'm out and about to connect to a wifi and I can't. That is the problem. I don't know how to fix this problem. Please advise on this issue because as of right now, I can't use the app or find hotspots. They pop up but when I try to connect under settings in Wifi it doesn't work

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There are not many ATT sponsored hotspots. If you can't find any, that is likely because there aren't any near you. On top of that, you are using up your 300mb of cellular data searching for them. If you bought the plan for the free wifi, you likely won't be getting your money's worth. My suggestion is quit using that app, just let your phone find public wifi hotspots.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Lrexroad   If you needed a lot of international use, the travel day Pass might have been the better option.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Can I still do that and reverse charges fir other plan I paid for back in states? What I told AT &T in US was I wanted to mainly text, check email. I was told the passport plan for two phones was the way to go. I've paid $120 for a plan I can't use. Is there a way to c if I've already paid more or am being charged roaming fees per day? I don't want to get my bill in a month and see I paid $120 plus an extra amount. What do u suggest? I'm pretty frustrated right now. I need a plan that wherever I am fir a week in Paris I can text mainly and check email. Please advise
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.