Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
tiredaspie's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, March 1st, 2010 1:49 AM

Closed

How do I find my PUK code?

I already tried to make an at&t account to find it but I couldn't, and then I called customer service but when I asked for my PUK code to unlock my phone they asked for my phone number. Then when I told the person my phone numer, he said that that phone number didnt match the name I gave him or the address so he couldn't give me my PUK number. I don't know why they don't match and I'm really consfused! I NEED THIS NUMBER! I can't unlock my phone!!! I already tried calling all the numbers possible that are on this site but it they just kept transferring me to Gophone machines and that didn't help at all. Please help!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

14 years ago

@tiredaspie wrote:

I already tried to make an at&t account to find it but I couldn't, and then I called customer service but when I asked for my PUK code to unlock my phone they asked for my phone number. Then when I told the person my phone numer, he said that that phone number didnt match the name I gave him or the address so he couldn't give me my PUK number. I don't know why they don't match and I'm really consfused! I NEED THIS NUMBER! I can't unlock my phone!!! I already tried calling all the numbers possible that are on this site but it they just kept transferring me to Gophone machines and that didn't help at all. Please help!!!

The only way to obtain the PUK for prepaid accounts is through customer service. Since it is a security feature you have to verify the ownership of the account. If you have a way to prove your ownership you can take it to an AT&T store and they'll give you the code or you can get a new SIM there.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

14 years ago

Thank s for your help :). I called customer service again and now they were able to give me my code to unlock my phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

14 years ago

@tiredaspie wrote:

Thank s for your help :). I called customer service again and now they were able to give me my code to unlock my phone.

Glad to hear you got it resolved!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.