Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Rickochet's profile

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

Monday, December 16th, 2013 1:24 PM

How Much To Set Up In An Auto Renewal Plan and How For Hearing Impaired To Contact CS

1.  I set up two Go Phone accounts for manual payment until I was satisfied with the service.  I have two $40 plans.  I now want to set both up on credit card auto renewal.  Besides the $40 plan amount I also get charged $2.40 state sales tax and $.70 for a 911 fee, so a total of $43.10.  So if I set it up for $40 will I get $40 charged to my card or will $43.10 get charged to my card?  Renewals have to be set up in even dollar amounts so do I need to set it up for an amount in excess of $43.10 or add some funds manually every so often?

2.  Customer Service -  I am a senior citizen with impaired hearing.  I have difficulty conversing with the customer service agents.  Having chat or email availability would remedy this situation.  Is there a way for Go Phone customers to do this?  If it helps I also have had an ATT land line for over 30 years.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

Well I finally got an email answering my question.  For those interested here is the answer.  I have a $40 plan.  For auto renewal all I need to do is to set up the renewal for $40.  When it is time for the renewal to be charged against my credit card the $40 plus any additonal charges such as state sales tax and 911 fee will also be deducted which will be a total of $43.10.  Wow, what an ordeal trying to get a simple question answered.  Hopefully the Gophone customer service will evolve to get email and chat capability the next time I have a question.

Anywho, thanks everyone for helping me get my questions answered.  

Rick

Mentor

• 

57 Messages

10 years ago

I  do  not  think  you  can?  ATT  have  TTY  also?   Try  that  contacting    ATT  that  way?     I  have  Att   also  but  I  am  on  a  contract?   

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

@pmaddog007 wrote:

I  do  not  think  you  can?  ATT  have  TTY  also?   Try  that  contacting    ATT  that  way?     I  have  Att   also  but  I  am  on  a  contract?   

I am not deaf, just older and my hearing is not as good as it once was.  My issue is I can't understand the GoPhone CS reps who don't speak the English language well.  With other online companies I usually rely on chatlines or email to resolve issues.  GoPhone is about the only company I know that doesn't have either a chatline or email addresses.  I am still evaluating whether to keep GoPhone or not.  Poor CS may be a deal breaker.

Could an ATT rep please help me?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Rickochet!

Thanks for posting. We can definitely help you with that. Simply click here to send us a private message, and we'll get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, and email address. Also, please let the rep know that you would prefer to communicate via email instead of by phone. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

@ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, Rickochet!

Thanks for posting. We can definitely help you with that. Simply click here to send us a private message, and we'll get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, and email address. Also, please let the rep know that you would prefer to communicate via email instead of by phone. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Thank you Mariana

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Rickochet,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.