Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
cielgrue's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 27th, 2013 10:48 AM

GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

I got a regular sized sim card when I got my gophone plan, but now I will be using a new phone that needs the mini sim card.

How do I switch my regular sized sim card for a mini sim card? I remember being told that I can switch to a mini sim card for free, but was not told how. Is there a way to do this without having to visit an at&t store?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Visiting a store will make sure the SIM is working before you even get out.
You can get a Micro Sim cutter online for a few bucks and DIY.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hi all,

We see this is getting a few views and wanted to give everyone more information. 

If you order a new AT&T Prepaid Device from AT&T, it comes with an AT&T SIM, you can activate it via our activation site

If you brought a device from another carrier, first, make sure to follow their unlock process. Phones from another provider must be unlocked before they can be used on AT&T's network. Please note, you will want to verify your device will work on AT&T's network given the 3G Sunset. Even though your device has 4G, does not meant it will work on AT&T's network. 

If just need a SIM, you can order one online from AT&T

AT&T Community Team

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

You should stop into a local company store to get a new SIM card.

You can buy a SIM cutter and adapters online, but should be careful using the adapters as I have saw in my stores the adapters or cut SIM's getting stuck in user's devices and damaging the SIM slot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So I should buy a new Sim card

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

send a text message to ATT customer service & tell them the prob. Tell them also no local corporate stores are available & see if they will mail one to you. They most likely will if your account is in good standing. The only caveat is , like the other one said, you may get a faulty sim. The other problem is if it is a gophone account, the corporate stores don't want to deal with you & play you off. My personal experience with 5 other stores, but try the text or email request. May very well workIf not, go to walmart or somewhere similar & for $10 - $15 buy the sim activation kit & get a nano & activate it on your account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.