Helpful Links

GoPhone in Canada

Contributor

GoPhone in Canada

I notice that the $45 prepaid GoPhone plan includes the words:

Includes unlimited calling and texting within and between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. Also includes use of the high-speed data allotment from your plan in Mexico or Canada. Both the number of texts and number of voice minutes used, made, or received while in Mexico and Canada cannot exceed 50% of the total number of texts or voice minutes in a month for any consecutive three-month period, or service may be terminated

What exactly does this mean? What if I go to Canada the day after a fresh month starts and I haven't accrued very many minutes in the USA for that month? Does that mean that my phone will be disconnected at the end of that month? Or at the end of 3 months? Seems a shame to lose your plan, your service (and phone number too) if you plan on traveling extensively in and out of Canada or Mexico...and it must be a pain for people who live close to the border having to clock up internal-USA minutes just to be safe...

Can anybody clarify the actual ramifications of this fine print? 

thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: GoPhone in Canada

Those who live on the border can choose not to roam and are just as likely to pick up US towers.

As worded, at the end of 90 days, half of the total use better be on ATT domestic network.  The option to use an unlocked phone with a Canadian network is advised for long trips. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: GoPhone in Canada

The fine print are, You cannot keep on texting or making voice call in Canada or Mexico over 3 months with AT&T Gophone.
As @lizdance40 point out, get an unlocked phone and use local network if you stay long.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

AT&T GoPhone is changing its name to AT&T PREPAID. New name - same great service, network and value!

Additional Support