Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ne1ws2om8e's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, July 14th, 2011 12:44 AM

Go phone sim card

Hey! I have a go phone already, that I purchased in sept. of last year and I was wondering a)if my go-phone sim card ever expires?? and b)can I buy a new go-phone and just put my old sim card into it??

If this helps, I already have an lg prime and am wanting to upgrade to an lg thrive!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Your GoPhone SIM card will not expire as long as you keep your phone in service by refilling your account every so often. Yes, you can purchase a LG Thrive and easily transfer your existing SIM card into the new phone and have it work perfectly. 🙂 Before you do the SIM switch, I would recommend saving all of your contacts to your SIM card (if you already haven't) so that you don't have to manually type each and every entry in individually. 😉

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

thank yah! another question, would it be alright if i just purchased the phone from amazon.com to save like $30?? or would it not work right..lol

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

That's fine, there wouldn't be a difference. As long as it's unlocked you should be good to go.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

thanks so much!(:

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome. 😄

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi!
I have a similar question, I would like to purchase A go phone, and I plan to use it in another country. Most likely with a different SIM card, would I be able to do that?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

No!!!!!! It don't work!!!! All Gophone are Sim locked with AT&T .

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

The only way you could use a GoPhone in a different country would be if the phone was unlocked. AT&T does not sell unlocked phones right out of the box.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I bought a go phone in 2008. I have no used it since then. Did my sim card expire? 

If it did, can i buy a new one for the old phone?

Thank you!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@ingridonce Unfortunately, if you have no used your GoPhone account since 2008, your SIM card has expired. You do have the option to obtain a new one to use with the same phone. You will likely be assigned a new phone number. If you take a trip to a local AT&T corporate store (not authorized retailer) in your area, the employee(s) there will likely give you one for free if you add money to your account while you are still in-store. Good luck!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.