Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ckath's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 30th, 2013 6:26 AM

Go Phone plans for unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505

Hi,

I would like to know which plan is most suitable for my usage.

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. As I would only be in USA for 2 weeks, I would like to be able to use it with a prepaid plan.

I am only looking for a prepaid data sim, as I would mainly be using Whatsapp, Facebook, emails, etc. Minutes & messages are not that important. 

What would be my best option or plan in this case?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

The $25 a month plan will work with any smartphone device - However the data side will not work unless you buy the add on data for it.

Any of our prepaid plans will work with any smartphones, including the $.10 a minute plan, just data will not work (and certian features, such as VVM might not work).

You can switch back and forth between any of the plans at any time. So as long as the $2 daily plan remains an active plan with AT&T, you can move to it.

However if you go to a monthly plan (such as the $25) and then move to another monthly plan (say the $60) you will need to refill at the point of the plan change.

GoPhone Rate Plans - You can see the plans here

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi ckath,

There is no direct data only plan on prepaid only if you have tablet. There are two smartphone GoPhones you can get,

$40 - 500 Minutes, Unlimited Test and 200MB of data

$60 - Unlimted Talk, Text and 2GB of Data.

Additionally you could go on $25 - 250 MInutes, Unlimited Text, but you would have to buy data at $5 for 50MB

Hope you have a great trip!

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi logo412,

The $25 plan for Gophone  you are talking about,is that only work for non smart phone??
 Galaxy S4 is a smart phone.

If the $25 plan will work for any Smart phone (IOS /Android) I don't mind to joint,as long as I can go back to the $2 daily plan if I want .

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks logo 412,let me think about it.

Maybe I start to be a snow bird this coming year.
At the moment,the $2 plan & $15 250MB Ipad data plan just works fine with me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi, 

If I am to choose the $35 or $50 Basic & Quick Messaging Phone Plan, will I also be able to use data?

It says unlimited data.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

The $35 and the $50 a month plan will not work with data for smartphones. The unlimited data is for basic phones and quick messaging devices. You can use them with a smartphone device but you will be unable to access data or buy data for that plan. 

if you were looking at either of those plans, the $40 and $60 respectfully give you smartphone data access.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

Since your choices are somewhat limited, I would consider how much data you think you will be using during your stay. If you are a heavy user, I'd go with the $60 Unlimited Talk & Text plan with 2GB of data. While you may not need the unlimited talk and text portion of the plan, think of them as added bonuses. The data portion should be your main focus. I think this is your best option, overlooking the somewhat higher cost of the plan.

If you think you could get by with a "measly" 200MB, I would consider going with the $40 plan. The $25 plan and its low price may seem enticing, but $5 per 50MB of data will cost more than the $40 plan in the long run.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Next question:

Can I get the micro sim at Walmart? Would Straight Talk SIM be okay?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-AT-T-Compatible-Micro-SIM-Card/21550826

Or do I need to go to AT&T retailer to get the micro sim?

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Walmart may sell AT&T GoPhone starter kits. Straight Talk is not a part of AT&T and any plans would be different.

I would highly recommend going a Company Owned Retail AT&T Store to get your service set up. Company stores don't charge you for SIM cards when you activate service and they can ensure your device is working before you leave.

You can find the nearest store to where you will be coming in at by clicking Here

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.