12-23-2018 7:27 AM
I purchased AT&T prepaid over 3 months ago and was guaranteed a $50 prepaid gift card for each of the 2 lines I activated. No sign up required they stated and it was online only. I still have screenshots of the offer and have a chat session email with chat session confirmation number where I specifically ask if I get this on both lines even if I join them etc. They stated yes and after my 3rd payment I would get a text with a reward code.
Nothing ever showed up... I spent days and hours on the phone and at the store with AT&T and they are all useless, especially the store which were just rude. Super disappointed in AT&T customer service.
1) called in to AT&T customer service, went through the whole scenario, transferred me to someone else. then told story again. Was given number to rewards center and was told they would take care of it.
2) called rewards center, after many minutes of explaining everything a 3rd time they come back and say they can't do it and need to call customer service back again. I explained I did this already. Please note the representatives on the phone were sincere and not rude, just have no clue how to just give me a reward that is not showing up.
3) Call back AT&T customer service and explain again, they get a supervisor and we deal with it another 20/30 minutes and they tell me since I have the proof (screenshots and chat dialog) and they don't have email I can send them this to I had to go to a store and they would call AT&T customer service for me and state they seen the proof.
4) make an appointment at store, show up and they would not even touch the computer and look up my account. they wouldn't call AT&T customer service and said they never call them and they would not even talk to store personal. They said customer service does it all the time and just says the store will take care of it so they can get off the phone with the customer. totally rude.
5) I call a representative again from the store while the store people did nothing and chatted with each other (no other customers). They were trying to help and got rewards center on a 3-way call and they basically said they couldn't do much, didn't have power to get me reward, they know there was a reward when I signed up and my account was normal (no reason not to get reward). They said all she could do is put a request to have someone call me and escalate it but she said she can not guarantee a call. I know why.... NOBODY EVERY CALLED. SO ANNOYING.
6) After my calls to customer service, I got a survey and filled it out as expected, so I got a call on that as to why I was unhappy etc. They took all my info, even got email address to send all my screenshots and chat transcripts to, but NEVER HEARD BACK.
I am done with AT&T, super disappointed they don't give what they promise and nobody can help, despite all the phone representatives were trying to be helpful. Surely someone out there has the ability to make a customer happy and just give them what they deserve!!
Oh well I am done and switching away from them.
12-24-2018 10:11 AM
We can definitely provide you with some more information about this AT&T PREPAID promotion. In order to Get a Visa reward card with AT&T PREPAID, you must purchase a new phone from a participating national retail location and activate service on a $35 monthly plan or higher. Within 3-5 days after your third monthly service payment, we will text you with a promotional code and link to https://soc.att.com/2SwvOwQ where you can claim your card. Then we will mail it to you 4 to 6 weeks later. Did you activate your PREPAID service on a $35 monthly plan or higher? Has it been more than 5 days since you made your third monthly payment? Please let us know. We'll be patiently awaiting your response.
Sean, AT&T Community Specialist
12-24-2018 10:46 AM
12-24-2018 11:03 AM
I did not realize I could attach images, here are the screenshots of the deal when I signed up as well as the chat session from an AT&t representative that confirmed I would receive the reward cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12-24-2018 11:39 AM
Let's look into that for you, @ik6221994!
Please click the Forums Inbox (envelope icon in banner) and search for a private message (PM) from ATTCares. There, you'll want to respond to that message with your requested account details so that we may review your case.
I look forward to assisting you!
Lar, AT&T Community Specialist
12-24-2018 5:16 PM
For those following.. attcares pm'd me and asked acct info. Then back and forth in private messages they keep saying to call customer support, which clearly from my issue they do nothing. Useless. #AttWhoCares?
12-28-2018 5:38 AM
Still no help... I made my last attempt at contacting att customer care. They give you the run around. another 1 hour on the phone with them and nothing. terrible.
Meanwhile I have happily switched back to VZ because your customer care stinks and I did not get what I was promised. V is way better, in fact in a 4 minute phone call on an issue they credited me $40 back to make up for a misunderstanding.
ATT can't even do that for something that was obviously due to me. Good Job ATT. Another unhappy customer.. see you never.
01-23-2019 8:43 AM
I have the same problem! After 4 months I still haven't received a code and therefore called the AT&T customer service. The customer service allegedly doesn't know about the promotion that ended on September 30, 2018 and can't or won't help! Lousy service!