Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
eagleflies14's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 27th, 2014 3:33 AM

GOPHONE Can I use my SIM card in a second phone?

Thank you all for reading my question. Basically what I am asking is is it possible to use 1 SIM card in 2 different phones; and how can I do that? My basic story is that I have had this phone since I got my service and I want to upgrade, but the nearest AT&T store is about 30 miles away; driving is out of the question. When I bought the srevice I just purchased the SIM card seeing I had an unlocked cell phone at the time (and still do) that worked on the AT&T network. The phone I would like to upgrade to is currently not unlocked but can run on the AT&T network. Is it possibe to make it so my 1 SIM card works on both phones or do I need a second SIM for that second phone? Thank you again for your help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Is your T mobile phone unlocked ??

If it is unlocked,it should work with your AT&T Gophone SIM card.

But the reception maybe poor.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

If you do end up getting the T-Mobile phone unlocked, you may use both phones with one SIM card. I previously alternated back and forth between two smartphones. I just chose whichever one I was feeling for the day. 😛

Mentor

• 

57 Messages

10 years ago

Well  it  should  work?  But  I  am  also  guessing  too..  If  your  sims  card  is  a  go phone  sims  card..

Your  other  phone  is  not  a  go phone   it  will  not  work.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the answer 😄 My other phone is not a GoPhone, it's an old T-Mobile phone that can use the AT&T towers. I guess I can go to the store and find out if they can make it work somehow.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My Tmobile phone is not unlocked no, but when I had proper Tmobile service on it I could still use my plan on AT&T towers, albeit very limited (call quality dropped to about 30% and browser was slowed to speeds similiar to 2g). I know this phone can use those lines. If I have to I can get it unlocked, or at the very least get a phone on Amazon that is unlocked. Thnak you for the reply though 😄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.