Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Cretemonsta's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 6:38 AM

Factory Unlocked Galaxy Note 2 work on GoPhone?

If I bought a unlocked Note 2 would I be able to use it on the ATT gophone network? Or Straight Talk even for that matter? I believe it's the GT-N7100

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Cretemonsta,

Yes your unlocked Note 2 will work in on AT&T as long as the device hasn't been reported as Lost or Stolen by another carrier in the US. Keep in mind that once you activate service on the device you may need to manually program the APN settings into your device to work on AT&T's network.

You can find the APN settings Here

I would also recommend that you activate service at a Company owned AT&T store. They do not charge for a SIM card when you activate in store. You can find the closest store Here

Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

As long as it is a GSM phone,it will work.As long as mine just work great.I need to double check it for you.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Well,2G and 3G will work,not 4G .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Ok , Thanks a lot I appreciate the feedback! So if I was to buy an AT&T version of the Note 2 I would get 4G speeds? or LTE even? But I appreciate all the help thanks guys!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Cretemonsta wrote:

Ok , Thanks a lot I appreciate the feedback! So if I was to buy an AT&T version of the Note 2 I would get 4G speeds? or LTE even? But I appreciate all the help thanks guys!

You would if you were to use the phone on a postpaid/contract plan, but to the best of my knowledge, prepaid users cannot take advantage of LTE speeds, unfortunately. "4G" (HSPA+) is accessible, I believe, but not LTE. 😐

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

@wild Banchi

Since June of last year LTE is enabled for GoPhone for all LTE android and iPhone users. Your account needs to be updated with the IMEI and provisioned with the LTE data and it will work. Additonally you would have to get an LTE SIM card, which you can get for free at any Company owned AT&T Store.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@logo412 wrote:

@wild Banchi

Since June of last year LTE is enabled for GoPhone for all LTE android and iPhone users. Your account needs to be updated with the IMEI and provisioned with the LTE data and it will work. Additonally you would have to get an LTE SIM card, which you can get for free at any Company owned AT&T Store.

I was aware of the iPhone support announcement, but I guess I forgot about 4G LTE support with all capable smartphones. Thanks for explaining the process in regards to getting LTE up and running for prepaid users. 

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

I got 4G showing on mine.As staff at AT&T told me it is LTE.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

I would add that you also need to be in an LTE coverage area for you to have the LTE speed. The word is that the coverage would be extended to cover the entire network, that will be sweet. Also keep in mind when surfing the web at LTE speed it burns your data package more quickly.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.