Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jwbittorrent's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 21st, 2008 10:07 PM

Closed

Does Text Messaging trigger $1.00 daily usage charge for $1.00 a day PayGo Plan?

The website says:
*Daily Access Fee:Daily access fee of $1.00 for the Pay As You Go Unlimited Talk plan is assessed each day you use your phone for a voice call and is debited from your account balance the day after you use your phone.

I've talked to about 5 att customer service reps and they all have different answers. Some say text messaging does incur the $1.00 charge some say that text messaging doesn't trigger the $1.00 a day charge.

I'd like to get the $1.00 a day/ $0.10/min paygo plan with unlimited text messaging, as i text almost daily but rarely talk. I talk for a long time when i get a call, so I'd like to have $0.10 a min. This plan wouldn't be economical if texting triggered the daily access charge but no one seems to know if it will.

Does anyone out there actually have experience with this plan? All i've gotten is speculation from cs reps.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

jwbittorrent wrote:
The website says:
*Daily Access Fee:Daily access fee of $1.00 for the Pay As You Go Unlimited Talk plan is assessed each day you use your phone for a voice call and is debited from your account balance the day after you use your phone.

I've talked to about 5 att customer service reps and they all have different answers. Some say text messaging does incur the $1.00 charge some say that text messaging doesn't trigger the $1.00 a day charge.

I'd like to get the $1.00 a day/ $0.10/min paygo plan with unlimited text messaging, as i text almost daily but rarely talk. I talk for a long time when i get a call, so I'd like to have $0.10 a min. This plan wouldn't be economical if texting triggered the daily access charge but no one seems to know if it will.

Does anyone out there actually have experience with this plan? All i've gotten is speculation from cs reps.

Text messaging does not trigger the $1 charge. You will not see the $1 charge on the days following the days with no voice activity as the charge is applied the next day. So if you were talking on Sunday, thn only texting Mon, Tue & Wed, then talked to someone on Thursday, you'll see the $1 charge on Mon & Fri, but none Tue-Thu.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.