Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
rlouischarles's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 9:57 PM

Device Unlock Form Does Not Recognize My Phone IMEI #

Hello,

I am a gophone customer and I was happy to see after research that AT&T does phone unlock request for gophone customers. I went on the portal but for some reason the portal does not recognize my IMIE number, I know I'm putting the correct one after dialing *#06# as instructed by the prompt but no success. Can anyon assist me please? thank you.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @rlouischarles 

Have you been using the phone you're trying to unlock on your Go Phone account? In most cases the system doesn't recognize the IMEI because it was never put on the account, and it needs to be attached to your information for AT&T to locate it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

How do I add it to my account?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

You'll want to either call Customer Care or stop by one of our corporate stores for assistance. Out team might be able to help as well, you can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

sorry what is customer care number? and do i just ask them to link my gophone account with my cell phone?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

1-800-331-0500, they'll be able to help you out. You don't want to call from the phone in question here as you may need to power it off or restart it while working with them.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

thank you, i actually emailed customer care and i was able to get a quick response and resolution.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Perfect, thanks for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.