Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
TanjaH's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 6:10 PM

Data flat for iPad for a non-resident?

Hi,

I am from Germany and going to visit some friends in the U.S. again. The house where I will be staying has no Wi-Fi where I could connect my iPad to. Last year I had to buy a micro card for my iPhone for about 100 US-Dollar with telephone + sms + data flat and the very same micro card for my iPad in a German online-shop. The trouble is that I do not need telephone or sms but only data flat for skype, facebook, email and I am not willing to pay again about 200 US-Dollars for three weeks just to check my emails or make some postings at facebook....

I was told that it is not possible to buy a prepaid card from a shop in the US for my iPhone but would it be possible to get a prepaid card with data flat only for my iPad? Or is it possible to create an AT&T account online as a non-resident?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer

Tanja

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

You should be able to get a dataconnect pass, described here (scroll down). If you go to a corporate store, they should be able to set you up.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for your quick answer! That's great!

Tanja

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Oh, just one more question: To get the DataConnect Pass do I have to create an account at AT&T beforehand or just walk into a store when I am over to the U.S.?

Once again thanks in advance

Tanja

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome!

I'm pretty sure you can just walk into a store. I had once gotten a DataPass for laptop, and I just went into a store, got a SIM, paid and left. Then once I got home I was able to get into the account online.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks very much again!

Tanja

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.