Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
shropz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 2:53 AM

Clarification on transfer of phones

Hi,

In a short while I will be moving from my previous gophone, an Alcatel 871a, to a Nokia Lumia 520. I am currently using the $25 monthly plan for my phone, and I intend to also continue the same cost plan for this phone as well regardless. I was wondering if there is any important things I should be doing to switch phones, and if my current plan's status will carry over to the new phone.

Also, I know this phone has a micro SIM card rather than the one I'm using now. I also know the 520 comes with the microsim. Can I use this new sim with my account, or do I have to get my old one cut?

All help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Put it this way.
If an AT&T crop.store are close by where you live.
Please go to a shop and switch to a micro SIM for free / the 520 comes with the microsim!!!

If not,cut your old SIM into a micro SIM may also work,unless that SIM card is locked to your Alcatel 871A,than you need to call up 611 and made the change.

That is nothing to do with which phones (hardware) you are switch/ transfer to!! All your price plan,access to AT&T Gophone network and phone numbers are on that little SIM card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.