Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Blueberrycat's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 19th, 2017 7:09 AM

Changing plans on prepaid

Hopefully this is simple. If I currently have money in my account that won't expire for some weeks, but want to change my plan to one of the options providing data, will I get charged again immediately for changing plans, or will it not charge me until this initial money in my account expires?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

You will be charge right away to the plan you change to.

There will be no money refund for the days you left on your old plan .

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Oh well, thank you! Next month then!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Don’t wait for the money on your account to expire, you just lose it. If you change plans before those funds expire, they are used to pay for the new plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

That is completely unfair and unethical! AT&T is manipulating its customers into a lose lose situation. Shame on AT&T! They should be helping their customers.... instead they are squeezing every penny they can out of their customers. Have you no morals, ethical standards, or even simply considered to "do right" by your customers? Without your customers, AT&T would crumble. The power of one voice speaking out, speaking up, could spread like wildfire. Is this the image you want AT&T? 

I ask that this policy be changed. Be better than this. Be a company that puts their customers first. Be the better. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I currently have the $45 plan with auto pay that renews on the 23rd (so the money is deducted on the 22nd). If I want to switch plans, which day do I do it on? The 21st which is the day before the auto-pay is set to deduct the funds or the 22nd because that is the currently the day before the plan renews? Should this be done before or after the money is deducted and what is the process? I talked to a customer service rep on the phone, and they said turn off auto-pay, switch plans, and then turn it back on for the discount. Is this accurate? And if I switch plans, do I see the benefits right away or once the plan renews (pre-pay vs. post-pay). 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi there 

If i am currently using your $45 monthly plan with 6GB of data and my monthly plan renews on 4th june and i change the plan today to the $65 monthy plan, will the new plan only activate on the 4th june or will i have my new plan working from today? Because id hate to change plans a few dayz early and then the old plan cancels and the new one only starts on 4th and then im left with no data at all

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Stephylls The new plan starts as soon as you pay for it. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

AT&T is just ridiculous.. you have to pay the full price for the plan if you want to change it whereas most other phone companies will let you change it then pay the difference from the original plan to the new one.. which is how it should be .. I was on the $35 dollar plan,got a refill card at the store for the $50 dollar plan . I didnt change my plan prior so I was stuck on the $35 dollar plan , had the other $15 in my account, was going to use that to upgrade to the $50 but At&t won't let you . I'd have to pay the full $50 to get the 50 dollar plan. Such bull crap

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.