Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Jeremy06's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 11:28 AM

Change mobile number

How can I change my mobile number online

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Log on to your online account. There is a link there where you can change your number. There is a $36 fee for number change.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1011568

Here is the link on how to change it online.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I changed the wrong wireless number to the wrong phone. What do I have to do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

if i change my number or area code can i keep my old messages and voice mails

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

Most likely you will lose your voicemail however, your texts should still be on your phone.  You should capture your messages just to be safe.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

If I'm 18 but on my parents plan, could I change my phone number without them knowing?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I signed up with AT&T after a 10 year relationship with Sprint and I cant tell you how much better the quality of service is and I mean the actual service as in being able to have a solid, reliable, clear connection where ever I may be where as Sprint I endured the problem and over time of complaints and being treated horrible with representatives upselling tablets to us and so involved with their upsale they lost complete attention in what our call was for then after ending the call the representative called my personal mobile number back asking me "Sir, why did you not agree to the tablet I offered you, are you going to add it to your service for this special price or not"   Seriously, no joke.  She was rude and I felt a uncomfortable feeling having their reps call my personal mobile number to interrogate me over declining an offer in which my reason for the call was to report a serious problem with my phones again, this time being the iPhone 7 and 911 emergency services unable to hear me loud enough to hear what I was saying and they couldn't ping the phone for its location for at least 10 or more minutes" .  I dont want to go into what happened,  but me or a family member or another driver could have died due to the poor connectifvity issues.  But to make it just the worst example of how Sprint is  I have a rep calling me not interested in what happened or wanting to resolve an issues with tne phones or my service, she wanted to know if she sold a tablet instead.   Long story, but good example of how crappy it is on the other side.   To get to my question, I had issues completing signing up and ordering my new Note7 online, the rep via chat actually spent an hour or more to help and took over and submitted it herself on her end because of the time we she had given me which I was so appreciative of and getting our phones when the assignment of the numbers came up on her end it was area code 385 instead of 801.  Because of issues with the system at that time which rarely happens I know I was told the number can be changed to the preferred and original area code for Utah 801 after the process was completed.   I dont have to pay the 70.00 do I for that?   How do I go about getting it resolved and who do I talk to that can see by the notes there was a issue.  Sorry for the line of questioning like this, but  its common practice after years of Sprint.   I really dont know how to go about it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.