Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
pjoshi1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 13th, 2018 8:46 AM

Can AT&T block my prepaid account if I've not made any payment for more than 6 months?

I've been abroad for more than 6 months and my phone has been on airplane mode. I'm not able to access my online Prepaid account even though I'm using my phone number and code to log on. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

They don’t “block”, but they would have closed it and recycled your number if your balance was $0 for 60 days.  

You can keep you number if you didn’t plan ahead.

We recommend turning off auto pay, change to pay per use plan, and refill with $100.  This keeps the account open for 365 days.  The balance can then be used for monthly service when you return to the US

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As noted above, unless you refilled your account with $100 before you left, it is probably closed but if the account is not closed, you not being able to login has nothing to do with when you last made a payment. ATT has apparently implemented security protocols that don’t allow access to prepaid accounts from outside of the US. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am not able to log into my AT&T account with my number, does this mean
they have closed my account?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you are trying to login from outside the US, the answer is maybe. Even if your account is still open, you can’t login from outside the US. Once again, if your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days, the account is closed. Only you know what your account balance was and the last time you refilled it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am out of the country until May, I want to keep this number. Can I just pay $1 a month to keep the number? Please advise. Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@samlowry5611 wrote:

I am out of the country until May, I want to keep this number. Can I just pay $1 a month to keep the number? Please advise. Thanks.

A $1 a month would work if you could just pay $1 but you can’t. The minimum refill is $10. Besides, you probably can’t refill your account from outside the US.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks! I'll give it a shot from behind my VPN. b

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@samlowry5611 wrote:
Thanks! I'll give it a shot from behind my VPN. b

Ok, a VPN should work. So just FYI, A $25 refill is good for 90 days while the $10 refill is only good for 30 days. If you do not want to lose any money, make sure you refill before it expires. You will extend the expiration date of the existing balance to match the refill.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.