Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
chasDetroit's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 6:00 AM

Buying Data

Why is it so hard to buy Data for a tablet?  Is it just because the people at the AT&T store in Orange City are inept or deceiptful?  I spent almost an hour in the store today (when they promised me 15 minutes or less) getting registered (why do I need an account?!?), they took down ALL of my information, including email, credit card, etc, promised that I was set up and to just go online later to purchase the data.  Of course when I went to the website they said my email didn't exist, etc.

I have NO PHONE NUMBER (it's a tablet), and every time I try to register online it asks me for a phone number.  The store even gave me a new SIM card but apparantly it is useless. 

I would switch carriers in a second but I am stuck with this tablet that supposedly only works with AT&T. 

ALL I WANT IS TO BUY SOME DATA for when I am not at a WIFI spot.  HELP!!!

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Yes,you do have a phone number for your data account.
Are you going to a Crop. store of AT&T?
Anyway, you can buy data direct from your tablet .
If not,try get it here.

https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, but it still won't let me.  I got a new SIM card at the store, and they said that they had me signed up with a new account, but when I went to sign in it said that my email didn't exist... so my extended time at the store was a complete waste

As far as the link you gave me, when I entered the IMEI and ICCID, it keeps saying that I am entering it incorrectly, but it is the number right off the card, and in addition when it displays on the screen, I can see that I am typing in the right number.  BTW, I have a Samsung Galaxy I497, is it expecting me to have an IPAD (since that is what it keeps saying.

Thank you !

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

This make things more clear.
The link I give you are for IPad only.
You have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
The sad thing are,you cannot buy ONLY data with Android system on most networks in USA,Canada,The Caribbean and EU. (As long as I try and it do not work!!)
And the reason unknown. 
The only way to get around it, is go to the store and set up a voice and data account and do not use the voice and SMS part,get a data plan add on ,and it will work.But it can be expensive!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.