Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
fornax's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 12:54 PM

Auto-renew turned off without prior notice... again.

I had this happen to me a couple of months ago, and it's just bitten again. I'm on the $0.10/minute plan with the 200 messages for $4.99 feature package on auto-renew. There's plenty of money in my account to cover the renewal of the message package, but this morning for whatever reason it just started charging me per message again. On my account page it doesn't show that I have the feature package anymore. If this is to follow what happened last time, I can expect a message later today "confirming" the cancellation of auto-renew on the messaging package. Problem is, I never asked it to be canceled.

This is extremely annoying because when this happens, I lose the messages I carried forward from previous months. I'm not getting the full value I paid for the package. I was compensated last time, and that's fine if it was a one-off thing, but if this is something I'm going to have to go through every couple of months, I really need someone at AT&T to find out why this is happening.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

As a follow-up, I still haven't received the message saying the auto-renew was cancelled. Last time I got it right at the same time I turned auto-renew back on. At the time I figured it was a coincidence, but now I'm guessing that once I turn it back on, I may get the message right then again. I'm refraining for now, though, as I don't know if it will help to troubleshoot.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I sent a PM to ATTCustomerCare shortly after the original post, and have yet to receive a response here or there. Anybody out there?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, fornax!

After reviewing your case notes, it looks like one of our reps left a voicemail on Tuesday using the contact information you provided via private message. The original issue is still being investigated; we appreciate your patience while we work to find an acceptable resolution.

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the update Marianna. I just double checked the PM, and the number I gave was correct, but I haven't received a voice mail. (I dialed in to my voice mail to make sure it wasn't just not notifying me.) Please double-check it against any documentation on your end to see if someone miscopied it. Email works fine as well.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

To follow up, I've been contacted by a couple of AT&T reps who have been very responsive. I've been compensated and assured that this won't happen again. I wasn't told exactly what they think the problem is, but it at least sounds like they think they've fixed it, rather than just kicking the can down the road. Time will tell, but I'll maintain a hopeful optimism. Thanks to Johnathon and Ivan.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

Issue 1: Your issue happened to me in May, and again this morning.  The phone rep had no explanation for it.  Online my account shows that the automatic renewal was removed on 7/20 and gives a confirmation number, even though I never removed it.

Today I added automatic renewal again.  About 15 minutes later it got removed for a 3rd time, and again my account shows a confirmation number for this action.

Issue 2: Also, if I click Buy Feature Packages, message packages are no longer on the list of things I can buy (even though I have a $50+ balance.)  I CAN buy message packages by calling.  (Also, a friend with GoPhone can buy message packages both online and by phone so apparently it's just me.)

I've had GoPhone since 2008 and never saw this happen before. I'm about ready to leave.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

These same things have been happening to me over the last few months (with three separate phones).  Customer service is pretty good about restoring messages that are lost at no cost but it's a bit of a hassle having to call them and explain everything.  The only solution I can come up with is to turn message auto-renew off (you can still do that) and then 611 once a month before the message package expires and add another one.  This is a pain to do.  I'll do it for a few months but I'm kind of getting the feeling that the software support team at AT&T is not addressing this issues and may not even know that it exists.  To be clear, we can't add message packages on-line and we the auto-renew function does not work any more and hasn't since the web site was "upgraded."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same thing has been happening to me since July.  Had to call again today with this issue.  Customer service is great but should I have to deal with this issue every month.  Since the "upgrade" auto renew online still does not function the way it should.  My current message package expires on 10/19 and the earliest date auto-renew will allow is 10/20.  This means that my message package will expire before this renewal and will effectively cancel my message package, clear all messages remaining, and will result in a failed renewal (since you will no longer have a package to renew on 10/20).

Customer service is good as resolving this issue but not in dealing with the problem (same problem 3 months running). 

• 

3 Messages

I just got this exactly same problem today. So seems like at&t still not fixing this problem after 6 years.

And the whole thing is, I called CS, and the first time, the rep said he can't give me back my balance, because he don't see it in the system. I ask to talk to his manager, and even the supervisor said the same thing. And my phone got disconntected while talking to the supervisor.

I have to call again and wait....then i talked to another rep who couldn't find any record of what I have discuss before. So I have to go over the whole story again. This time he was able to only credit back less than 1/2 of my previous balance.

I am feeling very angry about this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.