Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
prepaid33's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 19th, 2011 2:57 PM

Activation time limit?

Is there any time limit for activation prepaid phone after purchase? I bought the phone last  november  (2010) and the phone has $50 on it (as written on the box) - So for how long it valid ($50) since the phone is not activated - but I inserted the SIM in?

One more related Question:  I see "Normal Retail - Scan for activation" bar code on the sticker (bought the phone in BestBuy) Does it mean something for time limit ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, you should be able to just swap the SIMs and activate each SIM in the phone you want to use it with.  However, my understanding is that the bundled SIMs/phones that come from at&t come partially activated and so you may only have 30 days to complete the activation process/keep the assigned phone number - and potentially the airtime credit that came with the phone.  I'm not sure if this holds true for bundled GoPhones purchased elsewhere or not; but regardless, I believe at&t customer service can assign a new phone number and complete the activation with the SIM you have on hand.  So I'd give them a call if you have any trouble completing the activation process and/or if you don't receive the free airtime credit.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Well, I have another question (but related) - I have two prepaid phones, bought with bundled SIM cards (came in the same boxes with the phones) - never were activated, one was inserted to check out a phone. 

Can i just swap the cards between the phones and activate them (cards have different amount of money on them (never been activated))? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I purchased a new upgraded phone with AT&T for my wife she has had it 2 weeks now still in the box  she hasn't activated it yet cause she said she wants to buy a case, is there a time line that it needs to be activated?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.