Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
borderline's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 6:45 PM

Activation GoPhone. Can't login to add credit

Hi,

I activated my Gophone sim scard. Got my number.

I wanted to add credit to my account. Since I'm outside the US , I couldn't get the new password to login because it was sent to my phone and I don't have coverage. 

I'll be in the US next month (maybe I should've waited to active) anyway, will I be able to get  the password once I arrive to the US? I think I read that text messages are not saved if the sim is not on the phone, that means I lost this text message.

Can I retrieve the password once I'm in the US?

I'm worried that my account will be delete for inactivity between now and then. How long do I have to add credit before my account gets deleted?Smiley Indifferent

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

That's right, you have 60 days to add money to your account from the original activation date. After 60 days, the account is closed, your phone number is lost, and your SIM card becomes deactivated.

You can retrieve your password once you enter the U.S. You will have to send it again to your phone number, though, as your first message attempt was lost/never went through correctly.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I meant to ask how long do I have before my account gets deleted for inactivity

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

13 years ago

I think it's 60 days. So you're good to go.

Regarding the activation, I would expect that you had received your PIN number online, as I did. But it's hard to tell what AT&T would do if a phone was out of receiving range. If you missed the activation confirmation page, the last 4 digits of your mobile number is your PIN/passcode.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Hi there!

I believe you have 60 days to add funds into the account before the account becomes deactivated. Once the account is deactivated, you will need a new SIM card, which can be obtained at any AT&T store. 🙂

Hope that helps!

~ Evandela ~

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

ok thanks !Smiley Happy

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

De nada. 😉

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi!

I bought an Apple iPhone in LA in January. I used it there. I had to go to Europe. I will come back to U.S. soon. I don't use WiFi or Cellular while I'm in Europe. There is enough moey on my credit card to pay. I successfully activated my SIM Card on AT&T. I just can't log in to my GoPhone account. My wireless number is my phone number and the password is the last four digits of my wireless number. I know them. But the system doesn't let me log in. I don't know what to do. There is no AT&T system in Europe. I try to log in to my GoPhone account on computer but it's not working. My account will be deactiveted after 60 days if I won't be able to log in even if there is enough money on my creditcard to pay $60 in every month? Why do I have to pay $60 if I don't use my iPhone in Europe? I just charge it and WiFi and Cellular are off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.