Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
adden96's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Friday, December 23rd, 2011 10:41 PM

Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

Hi all,

I went to Best Buy and purchased a Samsung A-107 GoPhone and the SIM Card (that came with it) is Unactivated and I was wondering if I could activate it with my HP Veer 4G that's unlocked...? Will it still be SIM Locked for 6 months?

I just want the 10 cent a minute plan. No data or texting.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Yep, you could activate the new SIM to your Veer. That would work. And yes, the SIM would still be locked to the original activated phone for a time period of up to six months.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

responding to :the 10c plan..PLEASE dont...i topped up with$15 and a friend clled in and by the time we were done my money was gone!!! plus i didnt even make the call!

the best buy attendantds are ill-informed about this package and constantly misinform the cusomers....seeing that i got exactly the same phone....and havE MAJOR ISSUES.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

The $0.10 a minute rate plan works exceptionally well for me. I've had my GoPhone account with that plan ($0.25 per minute about a year ago, when the $0.10/minute plan was not introduced yet) for approximately two years, now, considering I started my service on 12/25/2009.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

What about an iPhone 3GS? Thank you for the info about the Veer, it was very helpful. Happy Holidays everyone!

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

I'm actually on the $25 a month plan, but this was for my mom who only uses it to occasionally call or text. She can make $25 last like 2 months.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome.

You could also activate a prepaid SIM to an iPhone 3GS, yes -- you think I'm using a post paid 3GS?! 😄 😉

I did not activate my SIM to my iPhone, so I'm not sure about the process for activating iPhones. I think it's a little more challenging than activating a regular phone because iPhones are not officially authorized for prepaid use, but people are still allowed to use them.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

Okay, I think since my mom was already using her Unlocked Veer on T-Mobile Prepaid she was used to it already and was leaning towards that phone anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You are welcome!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.