Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
azwoodward's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 9th, 2016 9:56 PM

Account number

I am porting over my cell number to another carrier.  They need my ATT GoPhone account number to do so.  No where can I find it.  While my login is my cell number, I have been assured that there is an account number for every account.  Where/how can I find the account number?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

The ONLY way to get your gophone account number is to call AT&T customer service, 611 from your phone.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Your account number is "hidden" in the html on the Account Summary page. 

To find it, right-click on a blank space and select "View page source"

my-account.jpg

A new text document will open showing the HTML code for the webpage.  From here, search (CTRL-F) for data-user-account-billing-account  the numbers after the equal sign is your account number.

data.jpg

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Dannyoliva, awesome tip! thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

For a non-sophisticated user, getting to the page source on a Mac (I have Yosemite OS 10.10.5), you have to enable the Develop menu in Safari. Go to Preferences > Advanced > click the box at the very bottom of the dialogue box to show the Develop menu on the menu bar > scroll down to Show Page Source > click command-F to find the text: data-user-account-billing-account > voila! Pretty ridiculous to have to go to such extremes.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for this helpful advice. but in my case I found only data-user-account-ctn and it was the same as my phone nr.. Was your situation similar?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Same. The new carrier needs the account number.

At&t is so bad. Can't find my number by these solutions.

A customer is unable to know his account # ?!

This company is totally a  liar to me!!! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.