Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 6:31 AM

About a million GoPhone questions.

My apologies if these questions have been answered a bunch already, I did search around the forums a bit but what I found wasn't a ton of help to me specifically. 

I'm looking to start the monthly $25 GoPhone service (250 minutes and unlimited text). I don't really like any of the phones the website offers and there isn't an AT&T store very nearby. Would I be able to buy an AT&T phone from say Amazon or Ebay and activate it as a GoPhone? If so, does it have to be unlocked? Also, are there different types of GoPhone sim cards and would I need a specific one? 

Would I be billed monthly for this "plan"? I read somewhere about adding minutes or money or something like that to my account. If that's the case, would I be able to just buy a $25 card at the end of each month, or do they have to be purchased in advance? 

How exactly does the wifi work? Would I be able to connect to it without purchasing a data plan? Also, would I only be able to connect to AT&T specified wifi hot spots? 

That may just be the last of my questions. Again, my apologies for the lengthy post. And thank you in advance!

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:
ilikewireless, I'm in Upstate New York, Fulton County specifically.

Michakes,

That's an excellent report.Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm on the 45 solar monthly plan can I add ten more dollars to my plan and keep high speed data longer

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What can I do to add some extra money on my 45 dollar plan to get more data
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.