Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
pankaj5644's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, July 13th, 2018 10:59 PM

AT&T sim card was not able to register in mobile network, prepaid

Purchased a new SIM from store. Before buying it, AT&T store guy assured that prepaid SIM will work for the given IMEI. He checked the compatibility. But after payment, when cell phone powered up with the new SIM, AT&T sim card is not able to register in mobile network, prepaid.

Then store guy suggested to buy the new cell phone from the store. It seems, i am trapped with the selling strategy and feeling cheated.

This SIM is of no use for me and want my money back.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Which exact model?   

Some models only have HSPA band 850.  Without both 850 AND 1900 the phone may Not get 3G, some of the time, all the time or none of the time.  It all depends on hardware. 

If you have the dual sim model, move the sim to the other slot.  

One sim slot is 2g only and ATT has no 2g network. 

If that fails, You can pick up a cheap prepaid phone from Best Buy’s unlocked phone area.  ATT phones are locked, so I do not recommend buying one if you aren’t in the US for a long time.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@pankaj5644 - is this a question specific to the MicroCell? If it is, the MicroCell requires a post paid plan to register/activate it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

No this about the prepaid sim card

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

So one of 2 possibilities.  

1.   You brought a phone that is compatible, but locked to another carrier.  Where did it come from?  (What phone is this?)

2.  The SIM card is not active.  It should have been tried in a store phone to make sure it’s working.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 - thanks. I’ll pass this one along to your area of expertise.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Phone is from India. Store guy has checked the compatibility through IMEI
number and assured me 3g n/w will be supported.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@pankaj5644

Make and model of phone? 

Many phones made for India will not work.   Even if it will, it needs to be reprogrammed and may never work on better than HSPA. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 - thanks again. I was thinking the same thing.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

It's Moto g 3rd generation. Bought in early 2016.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Are you saying the SIM card did not work at all as in no service or did you get service, you just could not get data to work? When they check compatibility, I believe they are only verifying whether it will work on the voice network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.