Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Johnny7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 19th, 2018 3:13 PM

AT&T Store Personnel

Pre-Paid, United States

Dear AT&T,

Please screen your personnel of your stores better. One year ago, I asked an employee to help me get set up with a Go-Phone (now Pre-Paid). He said that the draft from my checking account was rejected by my bank. I spent an entire day haggling with my bank. Turns out, there was no problem with my bank. He typed my information wrong. Today, I got online and signed up of Auto-Pay myself, no problem; something I should have done in the beginning. This lead to a nightmare. He wanted to bill the phone to my credit card. But he did not explain to me that AT&T really reems people out with the credit card charges, outrageous: $10.00, I think; although at the time I thing the charge must have been $20.00. Or perhaps the other $10.00 was the setup fee, paying for your employee to screw my life up. The following month there were unknown charges on the credit card and it was cancelled, leaving an outstanding bill to AT&T, which I have now paid and cleared up. Subsequent to this, I started going into the AT&T store to pay cash for a Pre-Paid account. Twice, the other employees (women whom the two sorry men were using to do all their work -- and who subsequently vanished, fired, I suppose; fortunately for me and AT&T) screwed up the processing and my phone service was turned off. I am rather embarrassed that I did not do all of this online myself in the beginning, but I was unfamiliar with the process and somewhat uncomfortable with it.

Really, I think the answer for AT&T is to pay better for good managers who will crack the whip. And get rid of the riffraff.

Jonathan [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

There are no extra charges for using a credit card.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Johnny7

@sandblaster

But an authorized retailer might charge $10 for a prepaid SIM card.    Up to $25 would be normal.

@Johnny7   Authorized retailer stores are not owned by ATT, employee do not work for ATT.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.