Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
rpc0618's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 12:38 AM

AT&T Prepaid card doesn't work on prepaid LG AT&T GoPhone

My phone ran out of service (I think the minutes expired after 90 days of inactivity).

I bought a $35 "AT&T PREPAID (formerly GoPhone)" card to add minutes to it.

When I turn the phone on, it says "SIM not provisioned MM #2". I assume this is because it no longer has service.

I've tried *888*<12-DIGIT-PIN> from the back of the card, and it doesn't work because I can't make a call.

I've tried 611, doesn't work for same reason.

I've tried att.com/myprepaid, using the phone number listed under Settings -> Phone Info, and that didn't work because the number isn't recognized. (The phone number must have expired too?)

Now that I've scratched off the back of the prepaid card, i'm pretty sure I can't return the card.

Please help me get my phone back in service! 😕

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If your account balance was $0 for more than 60 days, not only was your SIM card deactivated but your account was closed and your number lost. If that’s the case, your new SIM card will have a new number.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

You more than likely need a new sim and number from att if it's been that long since you used it. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

More than likely, or I do?

Where do I get one that will work with the LG B470 and the prepaid card?

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum. I can't exactly just pull up your account and check. And at&t stores give the Sims away for free. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

AT&T store..

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

oh ok. that's good to know. thanks
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.