Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Prepaid card doesn't work on prepaid LG AT&T GoPhone

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T Prepaid card doesn't work on prepaid LG AT&T GoPhone

My phone ran out of service (I think the minutes expired after 90 days of inactivity).

I bought a $35 "AT&T PREPAID (formerly GoPhone)" card to add minutes to it.

When I turn the phone on, it says "SIM not provisioned MM #2". I assume this is because it no longer has service.

I've tried *888*<12-DIGIT-PIN> from the back of the card, and it doesn't work because I can't make a call.

I've tried 611, doesn't work for same reason.

I've tried att.com/myprepaid, using the phone number listed under Settings -> Phone Info, and that didn't work because the number isn't recognized. (The phone number must have expired too?)

Now that I've scratched off the back of the prepaid card, i'm pretty sure I can't return the card.

Please help me get my phone back in service! :/

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AT&T Prepaid card doesn't work on prepaid LG AT&T GoPhone

You more than likely need a new sim and number from att if it's been that long since you used it. 

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Re: AT

More than likely, or I do?

Where do I get one that will work with the LG B470 and the prepaid card?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AT&T Prepaid card doesn't work on prepaid LG AT&T GoPhone

This is a customer to customer forum. I can't exactly just pull up your account and check. And at&t stores give the Sims away for free. 

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Sage

AT&T store..

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

oh ok. that's good to know. thanks
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

If your account balance was $0 for more than 60 days, not only was your SIM card deactivated but your account was closed and your number lost. If that’s the case, your new SIM card will have a new number.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support