Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
fabienholzer's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 4:26 PM

keeping my phone number active though being in europe

Hey there,

I got my GoPhone account when I was in Hawaii some weeks ago - I'm back in germany right now, but I will be back in the US in the next months and I would like to keep my phone number..!!

I already switched my $45 plan to a 25c a minute plan, because that seemed to be the least expensive choice...

How often do I have to refill the account, or after what time of inactivity my account will be shut down?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Your account stays open as long as there is a positive balance. Your account is closed if the balance is $0 for more than 60 days after service is cut off. That 60 day clock starts when your account balance hits $0 and your service expires. So unless you added funds to your account, your 60 day clock likely started the day you changed to the $0.25/min plan. If you did add funds, your 60 day clock will start when those funds expire.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

The account and phone number remains open 60 days past funds expiration.  If you changed the account to $0.25 / min and did not add funds, then you had an expiration date of funds - account remains open for 60 days after funds expiration.  If you added funds then you extended the account.  The extension is 30 days for funds less than $25, 90 days for $25 up to $100 and 1 year for added funds $100 and over.  Funds expire on the expiration date unless you add funds prior to the expiration, then the funds will roll over.  You cannot refill the account from outside of the US or at least North America.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Great, thanks for your help!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

cctraderx did a great job answering this question since I have a similar issue.  Just to verify if purchaase a $100 card I have up to a year to add the PIN and, if necessary, I can add the PIN when my current term runs out if I happen to be travelling in Canada.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

You have to put the $100 PIN onto the account prior to the expiration, your balance will rollover and you will add the $100. I am not sure if you can add the amount while in Canada. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.