Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
daisuke2010's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Thursday, April 17th, 2014 6:16 PM

Mobile hotspot plan

Hi. when i choose 5GB with Mobile Hotspot for 30 days  for my IPAD air, when the sim card expires? Can I use it again in next year as before? Or should I purchase a sim card again?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Your account & number will expire in 60 days if you do not have any service or plan.
Your sim card is good forever,as long as mine was.It is nearly 3 years when I had my 1st IPad .

All you need to do is sign up online again,with the SIM card numbers,your IPad IMEI, your US address and US credit card,you are good to go.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

I'm not positive, but I do believe that if you let a SIM sit inactive for too long, then the SIM is inactivated and you would need a new one.  I don't know exactly what that limit would be, but I think it's something like 3-6 months, so if you use an account for 1 month a year, it would probably need you to get a new SIM each year in order to use it.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

That is to say, I must buy or get it again when i don't have any plan for 60 days, right?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Correct!!!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

It seems i must try it by myself. haha. Thanks for information.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

You're Welcome 🙂
It works on all my IPads.If you cannot get the service online,

you can always apply for service from your IPad when you're in USA.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.