Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
2plesk's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, June 11th, 2017 5:24 PM

How to temporarily suspend GoPhone account?

I'm currently on $45 GoPhone plan, and I'm going to Europe for three months. What's the best way to suspend the account to avoid any charges?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Change to either the $2/day or $0.25/minute plan before you leave. You will also need to refill your account with at least $25 because your account will close if your balance is $0 for more than 60 days. A $25 refill expires in 90 days. If you don't want to lose that $25, refill with $100 or more. A $100 refill expires in 365 days meaning the money will still be available to use when you return. When you return, change back to the $45 plan.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

How do I switch to this $2/day plan? I don't see it listed in the "available plans" section.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Not sure what to tell you, the $2/day plan should be there. Be advised that once you change your plan, any days left on your current plan are forfeited.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Oh, I couldn't see those plans because I was on multi-line account. When I switched to individual, they appeared. By the way, I just called them, and they said there's no need to switch to those per usage plans. I can just tell them over the phone to suspend my account, and they will refund any money left. Then I will just have to call them again in three months to reactivate it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@2plesk wrote:

By the way, I just called them, and they said there's no need to switch to those per usage plans. I can just tell them over the phone to suspend my account, and they will refund any money left. Then I will just have to call them again in three months to reactivate it.

Refund any money left? I've never heard of this on GoPhone.

Do you care about losing your phone number?  (when is the last time you added money?)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, that's what the guy said when I asked him about the refund. He just said make sure to turn off autorefill. Also, I asked him if I risk losing my phone number and he said, no, you'll keep your number. But he sounded really young, and maybe he wasn't very competent. I don't know. I will be sure to check this again when I will call them to suspend my account in 10 days.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@2plesk  He either is clueless or lied.  Gophone does not refund, period. They do not suspend.   Use it or lose it.  Please follow the information @sandblaster you or you will lose your money and number.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, thanks for the heads up! I will follow the advice just to be safe, really don't want to risk losing my 18 y.o. phone number.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@2plesk  He either is clueless or lied.  Gophone does not refund, period. They do not suspend.   Use it or lose it.  

@lizdance40 There is no reason to lie about that, so I'll vote clueless.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@lizdance40 There is no reason to lie about that, so I'll vote clueless.

The only reason I can think of to lie about it, is that mindset to avoid telling the customer "NO" (so instead they said "yes").

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.