Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Flequi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 3:21 PM

Go phone overseas

Hi everybody,

i am new at AT&T just got a go phone simm to be used in unlocked devices. Everything was perfect while in the US. When arriving to Argentina no further coverage (I was not informed abot this by the lady at the store).

I need to receive some calls and mainly receive texts while In Argentina (I live here) on a US number. At customer service they told me this is impossible, I called the store and they told me that I should add international minutes.

Do any of you have any experience with such issue? If I want to change to a postpaid plan should I have to be at an ATT store or can I do it on the phone keeping my number?

your help will be more than welcome!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Flequi,

GoPhone plans will only allow roaming in Mexico and Canada. In order to sign up for a post-paid plan, you will need to have a US Billing Address and have most of your use on AT&T's domestic network.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

None of the prepaid offerings by the country's top providers will allow for international roaming outside of Mexico and Canada. For any postpaid service, the same requirements apply; A US billing address, primary use on the domestic network, and if no credit/SSN, a deposit may apply.

You may have further luck by contracting a VoIP provider.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

thanks for your respons.

So the international roaming will not work  with international roaming minutes? then I must change because company do not have a social security number in USA As required by ATT.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T Gophone roaming only work in Mexico and Canada. NOT anywhere else!!
Movistar in Argentina are the same with prepay customer.You can only do roaming in some part of the world under their network..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.