Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT blocks credit card on acct.

Contributor

ATT blocks credit card on acct.

Yesterday I went to pay my daughters prepaid phone bill and my card was denied. I have great credit. So I called Att, and the lady which was very nice said their was an old

dispute on her acct.  I remember my daughter telling me she had spent a lot of time on the phone with an At&t person discussing her frustration.  What happened she payed with her bank card on her bill and the rep. took the #s down wrong and someone else was charged for her phone bill.  My daughter doesn't even have a credit card, just her debit card.  The #'s they  said she used were none she had ever heard of or used.

So At&t has had to reimburse the bank according to the lady I spoke with yesterday.  So to get the block off her phone for a credit card payment  i had to pay the $50 plus 10 fee so I could use my credit card.  My daughter is on a limited income, and AT&t was punishing her for the last year, so she could only make in store payments no card payments.  She thought this was settled since she had spent so much time on the phone with customer recovery.  So my complaint to AT&t is I am upset to say the least. I had to spend $60 to take a hold off her acct. for an action she did not do. I have been with AT&t for nearly 20 years but this is wrong and I have to have someone replace my &60 and clear this up finally.  My daughter would never use another persons card or does she own a credit card. I am the only one that helps her with her phone bill. Please reply

Message 1 of 1
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support