Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
KingsleyMoore's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 15th, 2018 8:45 PM

AT&T sim card was not able to register in mobile network, prepaid

Hi guys I was a tourist who came to USA a month ago and bought at&t sim card (prepaid), bought it online from Walmart online store and was delivered to me, I received it late on the day I was travelling back to Ghana, west Africa. I got home did the online registration and bought a monthly plan of 35dollars, in addition I also bought 20dollars of credit as addition which expires in November 17, 2018, after buying monthly plan and activating the sim card online, and put the sim card into the phone, it couldn't register the network, only emergency calls shows on the sim. As now since I return from Oakland, California the sim card has not been able to register on my phone, I use Samsung neo phone, I even change the phone to different phone but still it can't register the network, what should I do now Guys? Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Why did you activate a month ago, outside the USA?  You can’t use prepaid out of North American.  Your monthly plan you bought expired in 30 days.  You should have waited till you were in the USA to activate service.  

I believe your refill expired and you have to replace the SIM card and start over 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.