Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Prepaid upgrade

AT&T Prepaid upgrade

I am a current AT&T Gophone Prepaid customer. I want to upgrade my phone to another Prepaid Gophone that I will purchase from the AT&T website. What do I need to do to change phones and keep my current phone number?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Kathymc712
‎08-01-2017 4:21 PM

Re: AT&T Prepaid upgrade

Move the SIM card from your current phone to the new phone. If the new phone takes a different size SIM card, you will need a new one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Does this method work if you upgrade to a phone that's unlocked using your already activated gophone sim card?
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Sage

@Chungfamily777   Yes.  As long as the phone is compatible with ATT

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Thanks very much.
Message 6 of 7

It should. Just use your current SIM card in your current phone and put it in the new phone. If the new phone takes a different size SIM card go to your local AT&T store and they will help you get the correct size and get it set up with your current Gophone number and account balances. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support