Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Fanime's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 16th, 2015 7:27 AM

AT&T PREPAID Balance expiration vs Plan expiration dates.

OKAY so I am very confused about Balance and Account expiration dates and any info regarding the matter would be very much appreciated. I'm currently on a 60$ monthly GoPhone plan and my services renew every month on the 15th. I'm aware that you need sufficient funds in your balance to keep your phone active monthly, obviously, but what about the balance expiation date? Mine is July 12th which is 3 days prior to my plan expiration date. 

My Question(s) are:

If I have 0.00 in my balance AFTER my balance expiration date but have paid for the month before, will my phone go out of service early or will it roll-over to the new balance expiration date?  I'd still have a few days to avoid service interruption because my plan expiration is every 15th. I'm wondering if the balance expiration would interrupt my service at all.

My other question is this: Does the balance expiration time limit depend on the last refill of the account? If I wanted to extend the balance expiration by a year instead of every three months can I refill a few months early and would I get a new balance expiration date? Or would it have to be before my plan expiration date and before my balance expiration date to take effect?  I feel like trying to do so early would not work because my plan would take the funds out and I'd have to buy another 100$ card just before my balance expires to receive the new balance expiration date.

If you refill prior to the balance expiration date, do you lose those funds and still have to pay for the monthly plan? Or is it strictly for the purposes of obtaining a new balance expiration date.

Regards, Sheldon.

-My sincere apologies for the round-about questions I am just very confused on how it would all pan out.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Bw4014 Sorry, it does not work that way. Unless you change plans, your plan does not renew until the full 30 days is used, regardless of when you refill your account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there a plan I can buy to put in a phone a spare fone that I only use in emergencies, basic I only want minutes on the phone just in case I need it

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@DACHILLONE There are 2 such plans, the $0.25/minute plan and $2/day plan. Both only charge when you use the phone. The problem with both, though, is that any money you put on a gophone account eventually expires if not used and any account with a $0 balance for more than 60 days is closed and the number lost. The expiration timelines differ according to the amount put on the account. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@DACHILLONE.   Any phone without service can still call 911.  But that is probably more limited than most people want.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hello. You stated "Your plan does not renew until the full 30 days is used, regardless of when you refill your account" which makes perfect sense to me.  But on the several occasions that I've called AT&T Customer Service to inquire about adding funds early, they've consistently told me that this will cause me to "lose" the remaining days, as well as any unused data over 1 GB.  I'd just like to add funds to my available balance without changing the date(s) of the cycle. Is that possible? Thank you !

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@SnappleSauce Yes, that is possible. Just adding funds will not change your renew date. The renew date only changes if you change your plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That's great, thanks for the quick response! One last thing, if I add funds today will it automatically renew on the due date or will I still need to call?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As long as the account balance is enough to pay for the plan, it will automatically renew. No need to call.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a prepaid sim which was activated Last December 19, 2017. It was enrolled to a 45dollar plan. It then expired last January 19. After a week, I did refill it but downgraded it to the 35dollar plan which also expired on February 19. Since then, I haven't refilled it and I am worried that if I refill it now with another 35 dollar plan, it will just expire on March 19 therefore not maximizing the plan and wasting my money. What is the best action to deal with this?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@bertalipores If you refill now, your plan will expire in 30 days, not March 19.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.