Explore & discover

Helpful Links

need more bandwidth in covington la river rd

Highlighted
Contributor

need more bandwidth in covington la river rd

I am a retired att osp member moving to Covington la ***** zip 70435. the best internet I can get is slow  basic  dsl. cannot run the new att net direct  video  or almost anything else. What are the plans for improving service in this area and who can i talk to.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: need more bandwidth in covington la river rd

Legacy DSL (150G data cap) if not upgraded to FTTP will be serviced by wireless...

1.1 million addresses in 18 states to have option of Fixed Wireless with minimum of 10/1 internet. The balance would be WHPI aka hotspot from cell tower offered thru mobility group.

For ISPs by zip code...

Https://broadbandnow.com

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

When will these improvements be accomplished in the river road area.
lots of very expensive houses in this area. the first company to get
fiber?? or equivalent in the neighborhood will win big.
Message 3 of 4
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by rvrroadcovla
‎07-24-2019 2:12 PM

Unknown, no publicly available information to if or when any address, street or neighborhood will receive residential fiber.

The 4 year (2016- end 2019) to reach 12.5+ million addresses with direct fiber is nearing completion. Most recent announcement will reach 14 million (extra 10% of scheduled) within the 21 state footprint.

Based upon how one reads the latest suggests future fiber expansion will be limited to cell towers for 5G, new construction and businesses.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-plans-to-expand-fiber-internet-to-14-million-locations-by-mid-20...

https://www.ecnmag.com/news/2018/11/t-wont-stop-fiber-buildout-14m-homes

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support