Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why is the Basic 6 plan so expensive?

Contributor

Why is the Basic 6 plan so expensive?

I'm  a 40 year customer of ATT.  Currently only getting internet service through ATT due to finances-but always pay my bill on time.   Basic 6  is what I have now and it's adequate for my needs.  Have a tight budget and cannot afford to upgrade or add services. My rate of $37.00 just expired and the new rate is $50-- The "loyalty department could not  offer me a anything better.   Really unhappy---don't really want to switch to Comcast  but their rate of 25.00 for 25mbps makes sense.  It seems to me ATT does not care whether  I  leave than try and keep me as a customer. Really frustrated-  poor customer service. .

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Why is the Basic 6 plan so expensive?

Are you sure you talked to retention department?

Current new customer promotion for 6 and below is $40,10 to 100 is $50.

The big change would be you previous had $7 HSI fee, the new deals of 6 and under HSI is $10, resulting in a $3 increase from $37 to $40..

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I was told I was speaking to the loyalty department and that $50. was the
lowest price available. I don't understand why ATT treats longtime
customers this way. We "small user accounts" should matter too.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I also don't think I need any new equipment.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support