Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlimited Data with DirecTV now

Highlighted
Contributor

Unlimited Data with DirecTV now

I am getting att service, but it has a data limit of 1tb.  I have DirecTV now and the att mobile unlimited data plan, is there any way I could get unlimited data in my home internet?  

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: Unlimited Data with DirecTV now

By ordering hardwired tv service... 

Either DirecTv with dish or Uverse IPTV service if in a qualified area.  

TV packages start at $50 with internet speed tiers receiving a $10 discount from promo price. 

NEW CUSTOMER PROMO PRICES

Minimum price before fees/taxes is $80, other price points increase. Some are..

U200 with up to 50M internet $100

U300 with up to 50M internet $105

U450 with up to 50M internet $155

For 75 or 100 internet add $20

For 1000G internet add $40

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Ghostman397
‎10-29-2017 5:15 AM

And the non hardwired TV service option for unlimited internet.... 

Is purchase the unlimited plan for extra $30 per month.

So is the cost of DirecTv Now PLUS $30 for unlimited internet cheaper than the $50, $70 or $75 TV promo plans.  With the standard internet pricing 50+40-10=$80.

Additionally the New Customer promos bundled with hardwired TV service is 24 month pricing versus 12 month pricing.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

So to be clear, we cannot bundle AT&T Internet and DIRECTV Now in order to get free, unlimited data?  The combined bill must be with DIRECTV Dish or U-verse TV (hardwired TV)?  The only options for unlimited data in a streaming TV situation would be to pay the $30 a month charge of upgrade to Internet 1000?

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Spazcadet wrote:

So to be clear, we cannot bundle AT&T Internet and DIRECTV Now in order to get free, unlimited data?  The combined bill must be with DIRECTV Dish or U-verse TV (hardwired TV)?  The only options for unlimited data in a streaming TV situation would be to pay the $30 a month charge of upgrade to Internet 1000?

To be clear: No.  You must either:

1) have U-verse TV

2) have A DIRECTV account linked to your Internet account

3) have Internet 1000,

4) or pay $30/month

To have unlimited home Internet data.    Here is the applicable FAQ.

When you have AT&T Wireless and DIRECTV NOW, then under certain plans/conditions your DIRECTV NOW data usage on your phones would be unlimited.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Employee

@Spazcadet

Correct... Either hardwired tv(s) with DVR and receivers if more than 1 tv to have service using DirecTv with satellite dish installed or Uverse IPTV available on internet speeds of 25M or greater using FTTN or FTTP. Or pay extra $30 or subscribe to 1000M internet if available.

From the att website

$50 Internet Offer: Price for Internet speed tiers (10M to 100M) after bill credit for new residential customers. Pricing includes Wi-Fi Gateway. After 12 mos., the rate increases to $60/mo unless canceled by customer prior to end of 12 months. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months. Activ/Installation: $35 activation fee (self-install) or $99 installation (full tech install).Credit restrictions apply. Pricing subject to change.

† Unlimited data allowance may also be purchased separately for an add’l $30/mo., or maintain a bundle of TV & Internet on a combined bill and receive Unlimited Internet data ($30 value) at no add’l charge. For more info, go to www.att.com/internet-usage.

Message 6 of 7
Voyager

Sounds to me there’s no good reason to stay with att internet if you have dtvn. Hey att, it’s better to get paid a little bit of something instead of all of nothing. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support