Explore & discover

Helpful Links

TV and Internet contract

Highlighted
Contributor

TV and Internet contract

I have questions about a TV & internet contract which I’ve made several days ago.

I’ve made a contract of 

How much is the charge such as cable modem at the time of TV connection or Internet connection other than monthly charge?

Do I need to purchase a cable modem etc. in advance?

Is this contract penalized if it is canceled half a year later?

I am planning to buy a TV. Are there any TVs that can not be used for this contract?  Is it okay with any TV model?

Regards,

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by erika3415
‎06-29-2019 7:08 PM

Re: TV and Internet contract

All AT&T services require the use of a LEASED AT&T modem.  Unless you signed up with an all inclusive deal, the modem is $10 a month. 

The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is $15 for each month left on your contract.

Any model TV will be fine. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by erika3415
‎06-29-2019 7:23 PM

note the ETF or early termination fee is $180 per service, pro rated $15 per month.

After 6 months which to cancel either would owe $90 (180-(6x15)) per service, cancelling all services would be $90 each or total $180.

When canceling you are charged for the current month, no pro rate for partial month therefore best to cancel on last day or next to last day of billing period.

May wish to review the ATT Terms of Service agreements, there are separate agreements for tv and internet.

The big one, in my opinion, is breaking the bundle or canceling, downgrading part of the bundle results in losing all promo discounts... the remaining service(s) go to full retail price.

Additional when have a bundle with tv  service of either DirecTv or Uverse IPTV receive unlimited internet with $30 unlimited fee waived. If cancel the TV service the internet only has a 1T data cap with overage charges of $10 per 50G up to $100 per month in overage OR need to subscribe to unlimited for extra $30, thus losing the $10 internet discount and $30 unlimited fee by canceling tv service or expect the internet only bill to be $40 higher for same service.

Reducing the number of receivers does not have ETF, but need to have 1 receiver (DVR) to have a tv package with unlimited internet.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

Shouldn't we prepare the AT & T modem in advance?  For example, can I use AT & T Arris BGW210-700 802.11b / g / n / ac 400mW Bonded VDSL2 Wireless Voice Gateway 4 x Gigabit Ports? 

How long will it take ETF?  What year is my contract? How can I confirm that?

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

What do you mean by "prepare"?  Do you have an Arris modem in your possession?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Do you have an Arris modem in your possession?

-Yes, I have an Arris modem in my possession.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

Was this a modem that AT&T sent you for a self-install?  If so, it should be ready to be installed.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support