Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Uniquekim's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 1st, 2018 8:48 AM

Suspend my internet and landline account

I want to suspend my services until I get my new address and would like to know if it's possible and if so are there any fees?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

VACATION HOLD

google-is-your-friend.jpg

1 Attachment

(edited)

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@skeeterintexas

Your answer is not the complete solution.  The vacation hold form does not apply to the land line:

I have a traditional land line, can I have it put on hold using this form?
No, if you have traditional phone service, you will need to call 1.800.288.2020 to have Vacation Service added for your landline.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

The statement on the opening page is not clear since it merely states 'your phone lines'.

I removed the "Solution'' tag.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

"Your phone lines" on "opening page"?  Where are you seeing that?  "AT&T Phone line(s)" in the vacation hold page I interpret as VoIP phone service which is why I think they explicitly have the FAQ about land lines which I interpret as POTS lines.  But I don't see any "your phone lines" in either of those two web pages, at least by doing a text search on them.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@_xyzzy_ wrote:

"Your phone lines" on "opening page"?  Where are you seeing that?  "AT&T Phone line(s)" in the vacation hold page I interpret as VoIP phone service which is why I think they explicitly have the FAQ about land lines which I interpret as POTS lines.  But I don't see any "your phone lines" in either of those two web pages, at least by doing a text search on them.

phone.JPG

I did NOT interpret that to be VOIP but I guess I'm just old and stupid.  *shrug*

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Ok.  I guess it doesn't matter anyhow.  I knew there was a reason I didn't answer this thread when it first appeared.  It was because of the words "until I get my new address" so I didn't think a vacation hold was the appropriate answer.  But then this morning I just responded to your post and we (I) went off on a tangent like threads so often do. Man Happy

So if the OP is asking what to do for a move of service then what @my thoughts applies and/or the OP should be reading the following:

Moving? Get AT&T Service at Your New Address

Moving Existing Service

And checking Availability to see what's possible at the new address.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.