Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Need to Understand Difference Between Internet 50 and Internet Basic 5

Need to Understand Difference Between Internet 50 and Internet Basic 5

I currently have Internet 45 in conjunction with my U-Verse service. Looking to upgrade and believe that my best option is Internet 50, but need to understand Internet Basic 5.

What do I lose if I switch to Internet 50 from Internet 45? What do I gain?

Message 1 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by PopPopDap12
‎01-27-2019 8:45 AM

Re: Need to Understand Difference Between Internet 50 and Internet Basic 5

Basic 5 is $10 less a month, provides 5M down and around .6 to .8 up. Could be provided on ADSL2+ circuit (no Uverse IPTV option) or VDSL with Uverse IPTV option.

The Internet 45 is generally a bonded pair install on F card (lower upstream) offers 45 down, 6 up. This is a VDSL circuit.

Internet 50 can be single pair or bonded pair provided on either a K or N card. Offers 50 down, 10 up. In effect offering 1 more HD stream for streaming (Netflix is around 5.5M per stream) but twice the upload speed. Thus if do a lot of video uploading the 10M is worth having.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3

Re: Need to Understand Difference Between Internet 50 and Internet Basic 5

Thank You!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support