Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Internet speeds

Highlighted
Tutor

Internet speeds

Hi. I am currently on a bonded pair with 75mpbs(max).Would it be possible to purchase an additional line to double my speeds? Like 2nd line to my residence?
Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: Internet speeds

You already have a second line, bonded pair is two lines combined to provide the 75M.

One Uverse account per address....

75M is the current top speed tier available in all markets that support this tier.

There are 3 communities are are testing a 100 tier copper (VDSL) speeds. These may become available to more markets in the 2nd half of year.

"I noticed they have expanded the 75/20 and 100/20 VDSL2 profiles to a new area, Wichita, KS. Used to be just Lansing, MI and South Bend, IN. So at least its expanding."

Anything faster from AT&T would require you to be in an area/address that supports or will receive future AT&T Fiber (12.5+ million address by mid 2019, currently about 4 million are completed).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

But aren't there more pairs within that same wire? When the tech was out I think there was about 4 pairs. 2 of which I'm already on.
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

The Gateway will not use more than two pair.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

So if there would be a gateway that can do that it would be possible than? I'm asking because I'm interested.
Message 5 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Mikeooo
‎03-22-2017 6:55 AM

No, the standard drop wire from the terminal to the residence NID has two pairs.

The cat5e home run cable from the NID to the gateway has (4) pairs which is used in Gigabit wiring.

On ATT Fiber, have fiber to Residence then all (4) pairs from the ONT to the gateway are used (RED port on gateway), but for speeds 100 or less (75 is less than 100) only use two pairs (GREEN port).

Again for a speed greater than currently have would need to have an ATT Fiber installation in the select areas of 67 markets in 21 states where 12.5+ million addresses will have this type of connection available by mid 2019. For the remainder of the addresses (about 60 million) would need to hope for improved or different technology to be deployed such as Project Airgig.

https://www.att.com/shop/internet/gigapower/coverage-map.html

http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_to_test_delivering_multi_gigabit_wireless_internet_speeds_using_po...

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Very informative. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support