Helpful Links

Internet speed is slower than it should be

Internet speed is slower than it should be

Hello friends!  I am new to this community. I got the 75Mbps download speed Internet plan from my local AT&T store,  and then I had a speed test for this plan running. However, the result disappointed me because I only got 45Mbps ish as my current download speed. So, would someone tell how to fix this? I just literally have no idea what to do.   

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Internet speed is slower than it should be

1) Are you testing Wirelessly or when Connected to the Gateway using an Ethernet cable?  If wirelessly, try again wired to get a baseline on your connection.

2) Did you try more than one type of speed test?  If not, try another.  Even try mutliple servers if you're using Speedtest.net (use neaby servers of large communications companies).

3) Are you using your connection for anything else while you're doing the speed test?  If so, try the speed test by itself.

4) Check your profile sync rate to see if you're really configured for 75 Mbps.  Go to http://192.168.1.254/ , look in the Broadband tab for a table with sync rates, attenuation, SNR, etc.  Make a screenshot of that and post it in a reply.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet speed is slower than it should be

Problem solved thank you very much! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support