Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Internet data usage issues...

Contributor

Internet data usage issues...

We just recently switched to att fiber plan at our home, and I don’t understand how we are going over our usage allowance.  I just pulled up our data usage chart online to find that apparently I’ve already downloaded over 3gb on 7/4/19 - and it’s currently 1030pm on 7/3/19 - can someone with At&t explain to me how I’ve already used over 3gb tomorrow?  I’m beginning to think that my “overages” that I will get charged for may not be so accurate.  

Message 1 of 2
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎07-04-2019 4:04 AM

Re: Internet data usage issues...

The data is reported in GMT, depending on where you are in the US this can be 4 hours to 7 hours difference. For East coast, 10:30 pm is 2:30 am next day in GMT. For the Central Time zone (Midwest where I am at in Wisconsin) the difference is 5 hours.

As far as 3gb  usage....

Streaming an HD program from Netflix for 1 hour is about 3gb. Your 1T data cap can be used by a single device streaming HD content for 11 hours a day for 30 days or 3GB/hour x 11 hours x 30 days is 990G not counting any uploading data or any other device downloading.

https://trf.mncable.net/faqs/how-can-you-control-how-much-data-netflix-uses/

If your a cord cutter will want to spend the extra $30 for unlimited or subscribe to either Uverse IPTV or DirecTv if do not want to see $10/50G overage charges up to $100 per month. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support