For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
bamafan2416's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 2nd, 2018 12:52 AM

When our internet speeds will be increased?

I currently have Uverse 12mbps speed. Its been over 2 years and there has been no increase in internet speeds in my area. I live in a sub-division with over 40 houses and the fastest speeds we can get is 12mbps. Some houses less speeds than that. I also live inside the city limits. I have been told on numerous occasions that the speed increase was coming in my area and it never has. We are kinda hand cuffed here seeing as how At&t is the only isp in my area. Can someone please tell me when our internet speeds will be increased?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This to me is a breech of contract! They sell 50mgb and 100mgb but don't inform you that 12 is withing their guide lines.....Dump them get cable! Much faster and consistent. And they will not sell you something that you cannot get!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

This is taken directly from AT&T's offering page today, July 26th 2018:

"Current AT&T Internet plans can reach up to 1000 Mpbs with the AT&T Fiber plan (formerly U-verse). No need to worry about data usage either, Fiber comes with an unlimited data plan included. If Fiber isn’t available in your area, AT&T Internet can still reach speeds of 100 Mpbs depending on your area. The prices of these plans range depending on availability, and can be bundled with TV and phone service for extra savings."

You say you signed up for Uverse.  Right there, AT&T says their fiber plan was formally called U-Verse.  So AT&T is saying their plan, which was formerly Uverse, is now called AT&T Fiber plan.  I'm just "copying and pasting" what the AT&T website page says for internet.  I find it rather misleading, the way they have described it, like for customers as yourself who have had the plan (Uverse) close to 3 years!  

Reading further, if Uverse or Fiber Optic is not available, you can get their "AT&T Internet Plan" with speeds up to 100 Mps!  Only when you click on this plan and look at the small print, does it say their 100 Mps plan (10 - 100 Mps).......

Which means their 100 Mps Plan is actually between 10 to 100 Mps.  Almost every single ISP I have used in the past, exceeds the targeted or maximum speed advertised.  They cannot go below the minimum advertised which is 10 Mps.  

I would take to AT&T.  Do or did you truly have Uverse?  Also mention the equipment you have and/or are currently using. I know we had to get a new modem 2 or 3 years ago in order to get the speeds we were paying for.  New improved antennas, etc.  I'm putting no blame here on AT&T.  Purchasing DIRECTV and integrating everything is a huge process besides all the fiber optic cable work they have been doing. But I couldn't live with 12 Mps without having major buffering issues. Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.