Helpful Links

Home internet unlimited data plans ?

Highlighted

Home internet unlimited data plans ?

I'm trying to order AT&T internet with unlimited data plan, but the online order site does not show this option.

When I was chatting online with an AT&T representative he told me that unlimited data is available for extra 30$ a month, but the online order doesn't even mention the option.

Why is the online ordering system screwed up ? I clearly don't want to pay 10$ for every extra 50GB, that is just a robbery, it will cost 100$ just for 500GB over the limit.

30$ extra for unlimited is already expensive enough, but sure sound better than 10$ per 50GB....

Why are the ordering systems so confusing and inaccurate ?

Message 1 of 8
Mentor

Re: Home internet unlimited data plans ?

Hi,

When you place order for AT&T Internet upto 300 Mbps there is data cap of 1024 GB and you will get unlimited package for free with 1 Gbps or 1000 Mbps plan, Likely you will also get unlimited package free when you bundle with DirecTV or Uverse TV.

Information upto my knowledge. 

Thanks,

AARIYAN

Message 2 of 8
Employee

To my knowledge the unlimited has to be ordered thru rep not online....

Info as known...

Internet only or Interntet/VoIP installs are $99, the account receive promotion price for 12 months then rate increase to standard rate afterwards. The 50M for $40 goes to $70, the $60 75M goes to $90,  the $60 100M goes to $99,  and $80 1000M goes to $119.

Data cap is 1T. You receive (2) months warnings before being charged for exceeding the cap. Thus after the 2nd warnings is when should order the $30 unlimited option. If takes 6 months before receing the 2nd warning saved $180, even if hit both limits the first two months of service, saved $60 before adding to the option to your plan.

Alternative, order the TV service of either DirecTv or Uverse IPTV, lowest plan is $50 a month where receive the unlimited internet with the $30 fee waived.  In effect, for $20 more than unlimited option receive both unlimited and a TV package.

But there is more... receive an extra $10 off internet price, thus becomes only $10 more than unlimited.

Plans start at $80 for up to 50M internet. 

This is TV bundle $50 plus internet for $30 (40-10).

Additional savings are realized by Uverse IPTV/internet installed same day has the $99 installation fee waived.

The combined tv/internet bundle pricing is good for 24 months instead of 12 months. Savings for extra 12 months when internet only prices would be $30-$39 higher. 

Just my thoughts.... 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8
Employee

Instead of editing my reply above....

For more info from 2016 when 1T data caps were placed 

https://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/more_data

"And we know things can change. If you ever decide to switch to unlimited home internet data or add TV service, you’ll be able to do that immediately – even in the middle of your billing cycle.

Determining what’s right for you

To help you decide which option is right for you, visit att.com/InternetUsage. You can estimate, monitor and manage your data usage. You’ll also find tools, like a data calculator. You can quickly estimate how much data you might use in the future. You can also visit our online portal at att.com/myatt to check your current usage anytime you want.

If you don’t have unlimited home internet data, you’ll receive multiple notices as you approach your data allowance at any point during the billing cycle. Once you exceed your allowance you’ll receive increments of 50 GB of additional data for $10 each.

Starting Aug. 1, we’ll notify U-verse internet customers via their monthly statement, email and online tools about this increase and unlimited internet data options. "

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8

Well, there is another contradiction, during the online chat with the representative he said 40$ for 12months and 50$ after that, + 30$ for unlimited data.
Now you say 70$ instead of 50$, which one is it ? And can I have it in writing ?
Message 5 of 8

10$ for 50G overage is just a rip-off....

They don't have U-verse TV in my area and I just don't want a dish on my roof for direct TV.

Also something is unclear about the price after the 12 months promotion, it goes from 40$ to 70$, but when I chatted with the AT&T representative, she told me it goes from 40$ to 50$ a month after 12 months. So which is it ? Why don't they have ever things written clearly ? I could also sign a contract for 24 months, but 70$ plus 30$ for the unlimited data makes it 100$ a month which is another robbery...

Any good solution without the stupid bundling ?

Message 6 of 8
Employee

Internet Packages – Single Play Offers

12-mo. agmt. req’d.
No other service req’d for advertised price.

$40 AT&T Internet Offer

$40 Internet Offer: Price for Internet 50M plan after bill credit for new residential customers. After 12 mos., then prevailing rate ($70/mo) applies unless canceled by customer prior to end of 12 months. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months. Up to $99 installation fee applies. Credit restrictions apply.

† Unlimited data allowance may also be purchased separately for an add’l $30/mo., or maintain a bundle of TV & Internet on a combined bill and receive Unlimited Internet data ($30 value) at no add’l charge. For more info, go to www.att.com/internet-usage.

Internet speed claims represent maximum network service capability speeds. Actual customer speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Actual speeds vary based on factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, internal network management factors, and device capabilities and the use of certain other AT&T services. Max speeds may not be realized if 2 or more HD shows viewed at same time. For more information, go to att.com/speed101

Internet Packages – w/Qualifying Bundle (2 year price guarantee)

Ongoing Discounted Rate – Must maintain bundle with another qualifying service & bundled bill

12-mo. agmt. req’d.

CPE fee included only with speeds 12Mbps and higher

$30 AT&T Internet Offer

$30 Internet Offer: Price for Internet 50M plan for new residential customers when bundled with another qualifying AT&T service (TV/AT&T Phone/Wireless). Must maintain a qualifying bundle to receive advertised pricing. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months. Up to $99 installation fee applies.& Credit restrictions apply. Ends 11/4/17.

† Unlimited data allowance may also be purchased separately for an add’l $30/mo., or maintain a bundle of TV & Internet on a combined bill and receive Unlimited Internet data ($30 value) at no add’l charge. For more info, go to www.att.com/internet-usage.

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 8

Something is wrong with the 70$ after 12 months. I have a transcript of a chat with an AT&T representative that insured me that after 12 month the price would be 50$ a month not 70$ as you state.

70$ + 30$ for unlimited data, makes it a 100$ a month, that is a rip-off price and cost more than a bundle.

Come on AT&T,  be serious and stop overcharging your customers.....

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support